All of us lovers of the fall time are accused of being simply ‘basic bitches.’ But that’s not always true! It’s not our fault that we love fall time so much! I mean, there’s a whole bucket list dedicated to awesome fall activities that we just HAVE to do. And we can finally have all our pumpkin-flavored stuff and wear warm clothes and snuggle up and all that. Stop hating on us, people, fall is the bomb and if you don’t like it you can just go somewhere else! Here’s 15 struggles anyone obsessed with fall has to deal with.
1. Apple picking is not as dreamy as it sounds
It’s actually a whole lot of work. You’ve got to lug all those apples out of there and you usually have to pay for the ones you pick. So, essentially you’re paying extra to climb a tree and skin your knee to pick an apple when you could have just gone to the grocery store.
2. What do you do with all those apples anyway?
This is when you decide you’re seriously sick of apple pie, apple turnovers, applesauce, apple butter and all the other apple things. But I have to use them all up before they go to waste— ahh!
3. People hate on your love for fall-scented candles
The pumpkin smell is simply intoxicating, as is anything to do with an orchard, or a harvest or cinnamon. Get off my case, I love those smells.
4. Fall makeup is harder than you think
As much as we like to pretend it gets nice and cold outside real quick…that’s not usually true. It’s still hot enough that all your makeup can melt right off. Which leaves you looking like a hot mess.
5. You’re overwhelmed by nail art options
There’s simply too much to choose from— leaf art, Halloween decals, skull and crossbones, witches, Thanksgiving dinner, rain cloud art. How am I supposed to pick just one?
6. You get annoyed when your guy doesn’t want to cuddle up next to a fire
Um, that is what you do when it gets cold outside. It’s what you’re meant to do! What is he thinking?
7. You insist on wearing boots even though everyone else is still kicking it in flip-flops
Yes, talk about sweaty feet. You’ve got them. But, at least your boots are worn in, right?
8. People complain about you and your bestie wearing matching plaid shirts
Well, we did get the shirts in different colors…but yet, it’s the same flannel shirt. We both like it, ok!
9. You can’t even wait for winter to start wearing your new coat and scarves
So, you’ll just start wearing it now. Who cares if it’s still 80 degrees outside!
10. You never know when the best time for frolicking through the leaves will be
You want to go when the leaves are at their peak color-changing time. Otherwise your Instagram pictures will not even be good enough.
11. When you go pumpkin picking…and the field is totally muddy
Ew. I don’t want to get my outfit all covered in mud! Maybe we won’t get pumpkins after all.
12. Needing to get a pumpkin spice latte as often as possible
This truly is a struggle. You need this in your life…but it’s costing you an arm and a leg and don’t even get me started on the calories!
13. Planning matching Halloween outfits is way harder than it looks
Wait, did I say matching? Um, I meant skanky. Skanky Halloween costumes is what we’re going for here.
14. Carving pumpkins is way harder than it looks
Nobody tells you about how gory it can get– scooping out those pumpkin guts is seriously gross!
15. You don’t want to admit it, but it’s still really hot outside during fall
You’re dying of heat in your boots, layered sweaters, and scarves. But, you must wear them all…because fashion!