Technology has come a long way since the 90’s, it’s true. But did you realize that all that technology has actually impacted your day-to-day life? From waking up to falling asleep, everything is different now. Here’s 15 ways your day has changed since the 90’s
1. You don’t wake up to a loud beeping alarm anymore
Most likely, you have an alarm set on your phone that wakes you up. No need for those giant alarms or clocks with big letters that shine their numbers on the ceiling.
2. You don’t listen to music on tape cassettes
And most people don’t use CD’s very often either. Now, it’s all about iTunes and having music on your device.
3. You don’t give mix tapes of your favorite songs to your crush
You just send them playlists instead. Or have them listen to a radio station you created on Pandora.
4. You don’t wait a million years for the internet to dial-up
There’s no such thing as dial-up internet. Now, everyone has wi-fi and instantly connects!
5. You don’t have to wait an eternity while clicking between websites online
Now, if it takes any longer than two seconds, you’re wondering if the connection was lost or if you need to refresh the page.
6. You don’t have to wait two weeks for your vacation photos to develop
You sort through the hundreds of pointless photos you took to find one great one to post on Instagram with a million different filters and edits on it and the perfect caption to get lots of likes.
7. You don’t just ‘go for a run’
Nowadays, you’ve got to have a fancy watch or phone app that measures everything from your heart rate to your pace and your path and even writes down thoughts you have during your run. Back in the 90’s, we just went running.
8. You don’t play ‘hangman’ while waiting for food at a restaurant
Everyone comments on the latest scandal seen on their Facebook feed while scrolling through.
9. You don’t play board games with your friends during a game night
Nowadays, you need controllers and video games instead of pieces of paper and pens. And forget about games that have you acting out stuff. Nah, you’ll just blow stuff up on video games instead!
10. You don’t write a check to your friend when you owe them money
You can now send money instantly with an app and even add a cute little message and a smiley face.
11. You don’t record your favorite shows with a VCR
Now you have an automatic DVR on all your favorite shows…or you just catch them later on Hulu or Netflix or online.
12. You don’t send birthday cards anymore
Why would you do that, when you can just send them a Facebook message???
13. You don’t go on a blind date without knowing anything but what your friend has told you
Oh no, not anymore. Now, we can search anything and everything about this guy and we go prepared. Google this guy so you know he’s not a creep!
14. You don’t attend house parties because you saw a flier anymore
Nope. It’s all online. And usually there aren’t even very many house parties anymore.
15. You don’t write down things to remember in a pocket planner
What’s a pocket planner? Don’t they mean your iPhone? Nobody actually buys pocket planners nowadays so we feel bad for companies that are still trying to sell them…