Here’s all the stuff that you shouldn’t be worrying about, in addition to all the stuff you already have to do in order to get your kids ready for back-to-school. Tell Pinterest to stop making you feel guilty– you do NOT need to be worrying about these thing. Here are 17 back-to-school ideas that are WAY over the top.
1. School supply scavenger hunt
After spending all the time scavenging store aisles for these items, no, I will not be hiding them all over my house for my kids to find.
2. Sign up for everything that’s handed to you
Leave me alone PTA people, I don’t want to sit with you.
3. Make a customized homework station
Or….how about my kid can sit at a desk and he’ll be just fine, thank you very much.
4. Find some ‘back-to-school buddies’ for your kids
Yeah…they get enough stuff for going back to school as it is.
5. Have a ‘back-to-school’ clothes fashion show
It wasn’t enough that you spent hours shopping with them for clothes, now you have to watch as they model a million different outfits.
6. A full photo shoot the first day of school
This is a cute idea, it really is…but is it practical. You’ve already got so much to do that morning, do you really need to be taking a million photos of your kids too? One or two will do just fine.
7. Creating a HGTV-inspired back-to-school wall
It’s complete with plants, decor, calendars, menus and places to hang stuff. I mean, this is like perfection in a wall...but who has time for this?!?
8. Printing out customized school schedules
Or you could just print out plain paper ones…those work just fine too.
9. Making ‘after-school-snack’ stations
Great idea…but my kids can find all this stuff in the fridge and the pantry on their own.
10. Creating your own ‘back-to-school-themed’ photo props
Yeah…how about I just snap a few photos of my kids in front of our door in the morning in their new clothes and backpacks and we call it good? Sounds good to me…
11. Making friends with your kid’s friends
You’ll be the mom everyone loves if you send your kids to school with treats and notes like these to share with their friends.
12. Making school lunches that look like these
I mean, really? Come on!! This is adorable but who has time for this??
13. Making a ‘back-to-school’ balloon wall
It’s ok. They’ll be just fine with a back-to-school balloon tied to their chair at breakfast.
14. Cutesy little first day notes
Whatever happened to writing a note on a napkin or a banana? People make things so crafty and complicated nowadays.
15. Sending their teacher a first day present
You’d be better off doing this at the end of the year….
16. Printing out back to school stickers
Your kids will be just fine without constant reminders from you.
17. Making breakfasts that are Pinterest-worthy
This is all very pretty…but it will take them less time to eat it than it did for you to make it. Now, that’s not very practical, is it?