Here’s all the stuff that you shouldn’t be worrying about, in addition to all the stuff you already have to do in order to get your kids ready for back-to-school. Tell Pinterest to stop making you feel guilty– you do NOT need to be worrying about these thing. Here are 17 back-to-school ideas that are WAY over the top.
1. School supply scavenger hunt
After spending all the time scavenging store aisles for these items, no, I will not be hiding them all over my house for my kids to find.
2. Sign up for everything that’s handed to you
Leave me alone PTA people, I don’t want to sit with you.
3. Make a customized homework station
Or….how about my kid can sit at a desk and he’ll be just fine, thank you very much.
4. Find some ‘back-to-school buddies’ for your kids
Yeah…they get enough stuff for going back to school as it is.
5. Have a ‘back-to-school’ clothes fashion show
It wasn’t enough that you spent hours shopping with them for clothes, now you have to watch as they model a million different outfits.
6. A full photo shoot the first day of school
This is a cute idea, it really is…but is it practical. You’ve already got so much to do that morning, do you really need to be taking a million photos of your kids too? One or two will do just fine.
7. Creating a HGTV-inspired back-to-school wall
It’s complete with plants, decor, calendars, menus and places to hang stuff. I mean, this is like perfection in a wall...but who has time for this?!?
8. Printing out customized school schedules
Or you could just print out plain paper ones…those work just fine too.