Things were certainly different back in the early 2000’s and if you were a teenager back then, you remember the MySpace days when your friend count and those all important MySpace selfies were the biggest deals or when people still zipped around on Heelys. Today, things have definitely changed, but there’s nothing wrong with reminiscing, right? Here are 20 things you will remember if you were a teen in the early 2000s.
1. You had to have a school email address to create a Facebook.
2. You had a Myspace account, tons of friends and took Myspace selfies.
3. You wore flip flops, no matter what your outfit was.
4. Your parents bought you Heelys.
5. American Eagle, Hollister, Abercrombie and Hollister was all you wore.
6. You had burned CDs of all the songs you downloaded.
7. You remember Dream Street.
8. You wore a tie because Avril Lavigne made it cool.
9. You remember TRL and when MTV was actually about music.
10. You had a poster of an Abercrombie model on your wall.
11. You wanted a relationship like Nick and Jessica.
12. You had a Sidekick.
13. T9 Word was a thing and you could use it to text fast.
14. Calls had to be made after 7 or 9 PM to qualify for free minutes.
15. You dare not go over your texting limit.
16. You watched Lizzie McGuire like it was your religion.
17. Picking a ringtone for your phone was an important life decision.
18. You owned puka shell necklaces and bracelets.
19. Limited Too was the greatest store to exist.
20. Everybody wore tattoo chokers.