So, we’re obsessed with the 90’s. *shrugs. We’re over it. We love that decade and nothing you could do or say will ever change our feelings. If you identify with these memes, then you were a 90’s kid fo’ sho’. Here’s 24 ways to know for sure that you grew up in the 90’s.
1. Rock, paper, scissors was the end all, be all
You could solve every problem or dispute with this simple test. No one could call it unfair either, because it was simply luck.
2. You heard that Beanie Babies would be worth a lot someday, so you kept them in pristine condition
The sad part is that now there’s a million Beanie Babies that are worth nothing. So, you bought all those little tag protectors for nothing.
3. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air was your jam
This was back when Will Smith was THE coolest and you loved the fact that this show started with a rap.
4. You needed to own all the iridescent colors
Lisa Frank had this wonderful way of sending catalogs filled with all the things you needed to be happy in life.
5. You wondered what slime tasted like
What it good? Or was it gross? Even better than getting slimed yourself, would be the chance to slime someone you really didn’t like.
6. You grew up watching Nickelodeon
Which means you probably watched Disney too. And there was always such rivalry between the two channels.
7. AOL chatting was the best part of the internet
You raced home from school to get online and sometimes got into chat rooms just to see what all the crazies were talking about.
8. You loved this scary series
There’s nothing like freaking yourself out after reading in bed late at night and getting so scared you have to run to your parents room.
9. Putting your favorite song on a tape was a chore
Kids these days have no idea how easy they have it.
10. Boom boxes were the coolest
You used to crank yours up when you were alone in your room and also when you and your friends decided to have a dance party outside.
11. When you played POG, you played to win
A totally awesome slammer was the best way to win a POG match.
12. Getting a walkman meant you could listen to music and walk outside at the same time
This led to the newest emo movement at the time.
13. Doing the Macarena is a throwback to your days of youth
We used to do the Macarena in gym class….like it was a workout or something.
14. You constantly begged your parents to buy you a Ring Pop and they constantly said no
They claimed we didn’t need the extra sugar. What they didn’t understand was that the Ring Pop was more than a sucker– it was a status symbol.
15. This was the age when Technopets became a thing
You got obsessed about feeding and caring for the thing, because you actually felt bad if it died.
16. The Now hits CD’s have been going on forever
You were there when it all started.
17. Again, you liked to pretend you weren’t a big wuss
You usually ended up in their bed again.
18. MASH was everything in school
It told you who you were going to marry, what kind of house you would have, how many kids you would have, what your future job would be. Basically it was a cheap fortune-teller.
19. Lunch swapping was a thing
20. Saturday morning cartoons were awesome
You still love the theme song.
21. VHS tapes were your life
Does anyone else still have a VHS player just lying around? Not just me? Ok good.
22. Jumanji was so much more than just a movie
It was like an awesome game came to life…and you wished you were a part of it.