When Shakespeare’s Juliet Capulet famously asked the rhetorical question “What’s in a name?”, she was suggesting that a name is simply a label to distinguish something from another and does not create worth or true meaning. So what she’s saying basically is that if her beloved Romeo had a different name, he would still be the man she loves.
The couples you’re about to see clearly share the same sentiments with Juliet. But while William Shakespeare’s star-crossed lovers’ surnames only resulted in tragedy, the names of these couples resulted in awful hilarity. Here are 25 of the funniest wedding name combos ever. Enjoy!
1. The wife was the “weener” here!
2. I can’t wait to see little “butt-crackens” running around…
3. Peter’s definitely rising!
4. Hmm…something’s fishy about this…
5. They must have had a very insteresting honeymoon!
6. Their wedding must have been very colorful!
7. Shots on these guys!
8. Hope they heal before the wedding day!
9. He definitely went and got her alright!
10. Hope their love won’t send them there!
11. They were always so funny together…
13. Someone needs a relief!
14. Roland and The Hamburglar better be invited!
15. He won’t find it funny, cause he’s a doctor.
16. That’s an awkward conversation to have after the wedding…
17. Well as long as they’re happy.
18. Yes, we’ll definitely drink wine later!
19. I guess they’re in a rush to have kids.
20. Hmm…no wonder she wants to marry him!
21. I guess they don’t have a good sense of direction.
22. She’s probably pretty happy to take his name.
23. Well that’s one way to keep her interested…
25. He’s definitely sorted!