Whenever there is a huge hype over a movie, you can almost always bet that there is going to be a sequel. You can also bet that there is going to be an unknown studio who is going to shamelessly piggyback off the blockbuster movie’s success by making their own lame version of it. These laughable “mockbusters” often have similar titles and movie posters but lacks everything else that makes a movie enjoyable like special effects and good acting.
We have compiled 25 of the lamest knock-off movies to ever grace the screen for you to enjoy. If unoriginality was a sin, the people responsible for making these lame movies would be condemned to hell for all eternity.
1. A Univision staple
2. As if one crappy horror franchise wasn’t enough.
3. At least it’s got that hilarious wheelchair scene going for it.
4. Looks like C. Thomas Howell is specializing in B Movies these days.
5. These guys aren’t even trying.
6. Are these guys serious?
7. Not sure if it’s agood idea to rip off an already bad movie.
8. It looks like it was animated with a Sega Dreamcast.
9. What a horrible imitation. Why are his legs so thin?
10. It’s an East Coast vs West Coast thing.
11. It’s like Thor is looking at this cover in utter disappointment.
12. No Zac Efron, no dice.
13. Oh look, it stars Booboo And Fivel Stewart.
14. Terror…on the tracks.
15. The rip-off’s poster actually looks better.
16. The second one is more specific, maybe the stranger from the first film is a nice person who is just trying to be friends.
17. This is totally different. One’s Vampires. The other’s Zombies.
18. This looks like a generic cereal box. You know it’s got stale marshmallow bits in it, too.
20. Who gave the penguin cocaine?
21. Wow, somebody who’s actually worse than Michael Bay.
22. Why this guy would rip off a very bad movie is anyone’s guess.
23. At least they go into space in this one.
24. Nice try, Frozen Land.
25. Good God.