Romain Laurent, a French-born, New York-based photographer and director, has a really cool way of escaping the routine of commercial and personal projects. He creates these absurdly cool and surreal animated looped portraits that will surely make your day a little brighter.
Calling this project, “One Loop Portrait a Week”, Romain Laurent challenges himself to create one of these bizarre and laugh-out-loud portraits once a week. “As far as the intention of the series, it’s a way for me to explore a hybrid medium, experiment and being spontaneous while still sticking to a short weekly deadline.” Laurent said. “There isn’t a common concept between each loop, I just ‘go with the flow’ and see what comes to my mind each week.”
Do yourself a favor and check out these seriously cool portraits of Romain Laurent. I’m sure it will help you get through your Monday. Enjoy!
1. “Cool and Relaxed” by Romain Laurent.
2. Adriane Tidoni’s fall leaves.
3. Aissa Logerot’s feather light takraw ball.
4. Amy Li’s goldfish is gone.
5. As the train approaches the station, Salim Santa Lucia can’t contain his enthusiasm.
6. Bowen Slate-Greene doesn’t quite know how to get off the wall.
7. Came across an invisible being with a happy pair of pants who doesn’t know about anything about gravity rules.
8. Clare McGibbon doesn’t know how pants work.
9. Darwin Deez hovers majestically.
10. Florian Bodet stopped by NYC and couldn’t decide where to go.
11. For 2014, Eric Beug is working on his lung strength.
12. I didn’t master the art of putting pants on yet.
13. Juan Carlos Pagan ’s googly eyes have seen things you people wouldn’t believe.
14. Karen D’Ambrosi creates tiny shock waves with the snap of a finger.
15. Kaycie Hall salutes Spring proudly.
16. Keira Alexandra and Kiffer Keegan aka Work Order enjoy every bit of their office.
17. Kelsey Medved has her heart pounding for the Seattle Seahawks.
18. Lee Towndrow is a terrific – albeit a bit monotone – table drummer.
19. Megan Siboni’s defense system is pretty effective.
20. Melissa Elena Deckert and her hanky are ready for fall.
21. My nephew Quentin isn’t convinced that anyone can shred pow better than him.
22. Nerissa Herbert found a good use for all her umbrellas.
23. Nicole Bogatitus didn’t have enough coffee this morning.
24. One last of Vincent Cyr, whose inner self is feeling real smooth right now.
25. Part of Vincent Cyr of Astronauts Wanted was left hanging in NYC.
26. Roy Stanfield approves this kickflip.
27. Self lamp portrait.
28. Sophia Wallace’s fire extinguishing thoughts.
29. Today Lacy Rhoades is moving back to Nashville, Tennessee. Here he is, warming up for the long drive ahead.
30. Vincent Cyr, host of the new show Astronauts Wanted finds the energy of NYC hopping.