Deadpool, everybody’s favorite disfigured and mentally unstable mercenary, has become a superstar in his own right. Originally appearing as a villain in an issue of New Mutants, Deadpool’s ridiculous antics, over-the-top personality and fourth-wall breaking banter has earned him a cult following over the years.
And now, with the announcement of his very own feature film starring Ryan Reynolds, we figured now’s a good time to take a good look at the super skilled and super unpredictable “Merc With a Mouth”, Deadpool. Here are 30 reasons why this regenerating degenerate rocks.
1. He once fought 10 dead Presidents and encouraged the readers to listen to Pantera while he fights them.
2. He has a soft side.
3. He’s so likeable that even other superheroes give him gifts all the time.
4. He always finds the funny side of things.
5. His enemies can’t help but be impressed with him.
6. He has impressive healing powers.
7. He’s a ladies’ man.
8. Even death is in love with this magnificent mercenary.
9. He’s in a serious bromance with Spider-man.
10. He’s hilarious.
11. He once killed the entire Marvel Universe.
12. He likes catchy show tunes.
13. He makes references we all get.
14. He doesn’t take himself very seriously.
15. He doesn’t show it often, but he’s actually a man with principles.
16. He’s a master of one-liners.
17. He’s a nerd.
18. Dance like nobody’s watching? This dance commander dances like nobody’s trying to kill him.
19. He can give Sherlock Holmes a run for his money.
20. Always willing to help a friend.
21. A tactical genius.
22. He’s an avid D&D player.
23. He’s not one to get easily intimidated.
24. He’s kind of omniscient which is kind of cool.
25. He’s not shallow.
26. He’s besties with Cable. Or at least he thinks he is.
27. We all love his cerebral humor.
28. He has an infectious sense of humor.
29. All those references he makes.
30. He’s really just a misunderstood gentle soul who finds the simple things in life the most enjoyable.