This post is not the usual fun and hilarious stuff you see here at Bored Bug. This post is a collection of some of the most powerful images this world has ever seen. Raw and unforgettable photos that has touched and moved millions of people all over the world.
Just a word of warning to our readers, some images may be upsetting to some people while others might cause you to be overcome with joy and triumph. The following images you’re about to see represent the worst and best in all of us. May this post remind us all that the world can be a place of kindness, that we are all each other’s people, and that together we can overcome evil with good, hatred with love.
1. A dog named “Leao” sits for a second consecutive day at the grave of her owner, who died in the disastrous landslides near Rio de Janiero in 2011.
2. A firefighter gives water to a koala during the bushfires in Victoria, Australia, in 2009.
3. A Russian soldier plays an abandoned piano in Chechnya in 1994.
4. A child helping his alcoholic father stand up.
5. An Afghan civilian offering tea to American soldiers..
6. A World War II veteran finally finds the old tank in which he spent the entire war in.
7. Egyptian Christians protect Egyptian Muslims during prayer in the midst of the 2011 uprisings in Cairo.
8. A volunteer demonstrates to the natives of Jayapure, Papua, the proper condom usage.
9. 12-year-old Diego Frazão Torquato plays the violin at his teacher’s funeral. Torquato’s teacher had helped the boy escaped poverty and violence through music.
10. This heroic villager saved a lot of cats from drowning by carrying them on a basket balanced on his head during the massive floods in Cuttack City, India.
11. This embracing couple was found amidst the rubble in a collapsed factory.
12. A father and son.
13. Five-year-old gypsy boy on New Year’s Eve 2006, Southern France.
14. Flower power.
15. Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her alive and well inside his destroyed home in Alabama after a tornado hit the city in March, 2012.
16. A heart surgeon monitors his patient after a 23-hour-long heart transplant. A nurse sleeps in the corner. The operation was a success.
17. Hhaing The Yu, a native of Myanmar’s capital Yangon, covers his face while rain falls on what remains of his home after the cyclone Nargis in May 2008.
18. Indian homeless men wait to receive free food outside a mosque in New Delhi, India.
19. Inside an Auschwitz gas chamber.
20. Man Falling from the World Trade Center during the 9/11 attack.
21. Russian soldiers preparing for the Battle of Kursk, July 1943.
22. The parents of Patricia Chesner, likely now in their 70’s, still looking for their missing child.
23. A missionary holds the emaciated hand of a starving boy.
24. Sunset on Mars.
25. Terri Gurrola, an American soldier, is reunited with her daughter after serving in Iraq for 7 months.
26. The Graves of a Catholic woman and her Protestant husband, Holland, 1888.
27. A photograph entitled “Wait For Me Daddy” taken by Claude P. Dettloff in New Westminster, Canada, October 1, 1940.
28. A woman cries amidst the wreckage in Natori, Japan, after the massive earthquake and the ensuing Tsunami in March 2011.
29. The moment a young man found out his brother was shot and killed.