Well, you did it. You made it through school and you’re on your way. You’re done for now–happy graduation day! But, it’s not all over yet– you still have to walk across that stage and get your diploma. There will be a lot of different things running through your mind— here are 15 amusing thoughts everyone has on their graduation day.
1. “I can’t believe I had to pay to wear this cap and gown.”
Yes, it will be the least fashion-worthy thing you’ll ever wear and strangely enough, it will be one of the proudest things you’ve ever worn at the same time.
2. “Uh, how does this cap even work?”
Don’t worry– the caps look equally awful on everyone.
3. “I didn’t realize graduation ceremonies are so incredibly long and boring.”
Yep. You’ll be sitting there bored for at least a few hours so bring your phone under your gown if you need to entertain yourself.
4. “Wait, which side is my tassel supposed to be on again???”
Before you graduate, your tassel should be on the right side of your cap. After you graduate, you can move it over to the left.
5. “Ohh, I can see my family from here. Hi!!!”
You’ll have plenty of time to look for your family and then stare them down, hoping they’ll look at you and smile.
6. “I’ve never seen any of these people before in my life, do they even go here?”
Yes, they do. You just didn’t notice anyone else during your texting frenzies in the hallway between classes.
7. “OMG people from my row are finally lining up to go across.”
THIS IS MY TIME.
8. “Please, please, please don’t let me trip and fall.”
It would be the worst moment of my life if I fall on my face in front of all of these people. Why did I have to wear such high heels?? These shoes are seriously hard to walk in.
9. “Can people tell that I am sweating?”
No, thank goodness for these lovely gowns that cover everything up. Also, why is there no air conditioning?
10. “HOW DO YOU EVEN SHAKE SOMEONE’S HAND? I DON’T REMEMBER HOW TO DO ANYTHING.”
OK, I did it. I shook their hand. Could they tell my hands were clammy?
11. “Oh, great, that photographer took a picture of me at the worst time.”
Dang it, he didn’t even get my good side and I’m pretty sure my smile was, like, totally fake.
12. “Ugh, now I have to sit through everyone else’s names.”
I think this ceremony is going to last for the rest of my life.
13. “I seriously can’t wait to eat after this.”
Can we be done yet? When’s the part where we get to throw our hats?
14. Wow, I can’t believe I just graduated.
Totally need to post this on my Instagram. Selfie time. Here we go.
15. I am no longer a student. I am officially in the REAL WORLD.
Oh my goodness. Now what?