Ever since he was a little boy, artist Marc Allante was encouraged by his family to draw. His first ever drawings were crude portraits of his grandparents when he was 2 years old. Today, his paintings are sold for a lot of money and Allante has become one of Hong Kong’s most sought after artists.
In this post you are going to see Allante’s development as an artist through the years. As you are going to see, this amazing artist proves greatness does not happen overnight. It actually took Allante 24 years to hone his skills and discover his own unique style.
“It is not a static process,” Allante said. “I would say to anyone who has passion for art and creating to not stop … regardless of what gets thrown your way.”
Scroll down to see this amazing artist’s progression in art over the years. Enjoy!
1. 2 Years Old: Marc’s first ever drawings. Portraits of his Oma and Opa (grandparents)
2. 3 Years Old: he began attempting drawing animals.
3. 4 Years Old: Like many boys his age at that time, Marc was obsessed with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
4. 5 Years Old: Marc already knew he wanted to be an artist for the rest of his life.
5. 6 Years Old: Marc was always drawing the world around him.
6. 7 Years Old: Marc got into dinosaurs.
7. 8 Years Old: Marc’s drawings begantake shape.
8. 9 Years Old: He was getting pretty good.
9. 10 Years Old: He created reproductions of photos he saw on National Geographic.
10. 11 Years Old: Marc caught the Chinese mythology bug and kept on drawing dragons.
11. 13 Years Old: Marc realized at this age that what is inside of his drawings are just as important as what is outside.
12. 14 Years Old: Marc at this time dreamt of one day designing characters for Blizzard.
13. 15 Years Old: High school, Marc was getting good at photo-realistic drawings.
14. 16 Years Old: Marc was getting good at drawing faces and expressions.
15. 17 & 18 Years Old: Marc’s passions took a turn for the surreal.
16. 19 Years Old: His drawings were more simplified but you can tell he was getting better.
17. 20 Years Old: Marc’s tastes and creativity began to really shine.
18. 22 Years Old: Marc started to dabble in ink drawings.
19. 23 Years Old: Marc experimented with other mediums such as oil painting on canvas.
20. 25 Years Old: Marc finally found his voice as a painter.
21. 25 Years Old: His most recent painting and the one that earned him a lot of recognition. “A Portrait Of Hong Kong”
22. His surreal side is mind-blowing too.