Puberty is a rough time in life. You start growing, you get these crazy hormones, your emotions are out-of-whack and you are definitely not your best-looking self. Yikes. Did you experience some weirdness during those early teen years? Here’s a sum of all the awkward moments you endured during puberty.
1. You start growing hair in strange places
You can’t help that it’s like sprouting out of your armpits and on your face all of a sudden.
2. Your body starts acting very weird
You’re finally getting boobs…but unfortunately that means you’re getting pubic hair too.
Everyone’s dreaded fear. Don’t worry– it happens to almost everybody and it won’t last forever…hopefully. Your friends will look past it, I promise.
4. Things start to smell a little bit funky
You find that you might need to start bathing more regularly and definitely putting deodorant on. Your body is out of control!
5. It’s like nobody understands you anymore
You’re feeling very emotional unstable and vulnerable. Nobody really loves you. Nobody understands you and you’re on your own…or at least that’s how it can feel sometimes.
6. You’re suddenly very attracted to members of the opposite sex
People who previously had ‘cooties’ are now VERY desirable to you. What’s an awkward teen going to do?
7. You get very flustered when your crush comes near you
You desperately want him to notice you but at the same time, you freak out if he looks your way. What is your deal? You can’t even be calm, not one bit.
8. Meanwhile other people are trying to teach you about sex…
It really just makes you want to roll your eyes…but you listen because you really don’t know any better.
9. But you just wish you could fast forward to when you look as hot as you feel
I mean….what is this? Why do they always cast 27-year-olds to play high schoolers on TV. Nobody looks that good in high school. Look at Liam Hemsworth– case in point.
10. As weird a time as it is, you just gotta get through it
Take a selfie now. You’ll treasure it later on.
11. You hate dealing with your date’s parents when you’re waiting for her to come downstairs
All that small talk makes you exceedingly nervous that this guy is going to crush you if you bring home his daughter even two minutes late.
12. Growth spurts make things a little bit awkward
Trust us boys, girls don’t like being taller than you any more than you do. They want to feel small and petite and protected. So, why don’t you hurry up and grow already?
13. People start expecting you to have some grooming habits
Your mom wants you to wear a bra, deodorant and shave your legs. You’re just like uhhhh…..what?
14. You might even get a visit from the puberty fairy!
I.e: your mom dressed up with pads and tampons all over her. It’s only the most embarrassing display of growing up since you can remember. And she is wearing a lingerie top? Seriously??
15. Don’t worry people– you’ll get through it. The rest of us did just fine
In a few years, no one will remember those awful awkward years anyway.