Charlie Davoli is a Salento, Italy-based based photographer who has an uncanny ability to turn his ordinary photos on his iPhone into surrealistic other-worldly scenes. Davoli uses ordinary iPhone apps such as Superimpose, Matter, Mextures, PsTouch, and iDesign to create these dream-like photo collages.
When looking at this artist’s creations, it is easy to see that visual paradoxes and optical illusions play an important role. Davoli says, “My inspiration comes from a combination of the supernatural images from the Italian artist De Chirico, my love for geometry of Bauhaus, and the pop culture of Warhol and Lichtenstein… And all with a touch of retro sci-fi. ” Check out some of his amazing work below.
1. All We Need Is A Place To LAy And Dream Till Dawn
2. Connoisseurs Of Empirical Evidence
3. Daydream Nation
4. Emergeny Exits Are Always Closed
5. Evening Breakfast With Supertramp
6. Five Faces Of Modernity
7. Four Darks in Red
8. How Long Is Now
9. How To Be Inappropriate While Observing The Behavior Of Light
10. Last Call To Heatrow
11. Look at them, they are both same as us.
12. Modern songs In Technicolor
13. Never Cross Fingers On Saturdays When You Can’t Breathe
14. New scientists struggling to explain if there is anything to drink tonight.
15. Peppino Nakamura, Save the Cheerleader
17. Software Failure
18. Study of The Human nature In Stillness
19. The Bridge Adjusting To The Water
20. The Flamingo coup d’etat Part II
21. The Flamingo coup d’etat Part III
22. The Flamingo coup d’etat
24. The Mysterious Consequences Of The Primla Intimacy
25. The Periphrastic Revolt
26. The Tropicalismo Manifesto
27. Time for a Richard Cafe
28. Urbanista de Utopia
29. Utopia Of Harmony
30. You Are Out Of Season