We need to start realizing that Pinterest was created for the very elite to show off their talents. The prettiest girls turn into models, the best cooks show off their amazing dishes and the cutest dogs and babies make their big debut. As for the rest of us mere mortals, we’ll just never be good enough to take a photo and have it look incredible like so many of the photos found on Pinterest. The sooner we learn this, the better off we’ll be. Here’s why you shouldn’t try to copy Pinterest photos.
1. Because you’re not flexible like that
You look at the two dancer girls posing at sunset on a beach with their perfect infinity sign and think to yourself, “it can’t be that hard.” Then you and your best friend try to re-create it in the backyard and fail miserably.
2. Because dogs don’t sit still
When’s the last time you saw a dog who would just sit pleasantly while he’s got a stick in his mouth. Yeah…that’s because it rarely ever happens.
3. Because babies hate Christmas photos
If you expect your baby to hold up his little head and smile at you after you worked to recreate a stunning Christmas background for him, forget about it. It’s not going to happen.
4. Babies hate stockings too
Your baby doesn’t like being tucked inside of things. They spent 9 months on the inside…what makes you think they want to be stuck inside a stocking now? Nope.
5. Because your hair doesn’t flip like that
Ok, the person who took the amazing hair flipping photo was probably a profession and the girl flipping her hair was probably a model with hair extensions and it took 50 shots to get one good one. So, just don’t try this ok?
6. Because sprinkle lips is not hot
Unless you have a makeup artist applying every single little last sprinkle to your lips, don’t try this. You’ll just look like a mess.
7. Because babies don’t like pumpkins
You will be tempted to do this because those happy babies in pumpkin pictures are so darn cute…but don’t.
8. Because, seriously, babies really hate pumpkins!
If you stick your kid in a pumpkin and actually get a picture of them smiling, we’ll all be shocked because that is not the normal outcome.
9. Because wrapping yourselves in lights doesn’t really work
Your faces will not be aglow from the light of Christmas bulbs– that’s just a good photographer doing some editing. Don’t attempt this one on your own.
10. Because kids don’t cooperate with you
When’s the last time you got your 3 little ones to lie on top of each other like the photo on the left? Oh, that’s right–it never happens.
11. Because you are not a yoga master
Have you been practicing yoga for more than 5 minutes? If not, don’t take yoga photos. You’re not a pro. Don’t make yourself look like a fool.
12. Because you can’t spin your kid around and take a photo at the same time
Unless you are a professional photographer, this just ain’t going to happen.
13. Because the ‘photo inside a photo’ thing doesn’t work for selfies
If you’re going to take a photo within a photo, at least make sure it’s in a nice location. And don’t take the photo yourselves.
14. Because kids don’t sit still
So, uh, good luck with that one. Cute idea though!
15. Because you can’t recreate candid moments
You just can’t. So stop trying.
16. Because aerial photos never look the way you want them to
Good luck on getting this one to work.