The struggle is real, the struggle to fall asleep, that is. Do you find yourself counting sheep and thinking to yourself for hours, never allowing you to get any sleep? Do you do everything you can to get a good night’s rest, to no avail? Do you get sad when it’s morning and you’re totally exhausted. Hey– we feel you. Here are 21 honest struggles insomniacs face every single night.
1. When you try to get more sleep and it backfires
I’m so glad I just laid in bed for hours doing absolutely nothing and yet getting no rest at all. Face palm.
2. When you’re actually sleepy but your brain won’t leave you alone
You stay up all night having deep meaningful thoughts about your hopes and dreams, but that doesn’t change and dang thing when you get up in the morning and have to be productive.
3. What will do the trick?
Oh that’s right…nothing. But this post should only apply to new moms because they are the only truly exhausted people on the planet.
4. When you’re so desperate you do weird stuff to try to fall asleep
And when it still doesn’t work now you feel like a fool. A fool who still isn’t getting any sleep.
5. You try every product out there to try to get some zzzzz’s
Well, the stuff sure smells nice, but it doesn’t exactly do the trick for me.
6. You feel so lonely when your nighttime partner finally crashes
It’s like, “wait, don’t leave me behind– I wanna be sleeping too!”
7. When your stomach makes demands and you try to counter
Looks like I’ll be making waffles at 2am.
8. When you go the entire night without resting well at all
Oh yay, now I have a whole day to go and face. Yippee.
9. When people ask you how you slept and you’re like:
My life is in shambles and I’m doing my best to keep it together.
10. What is the difference between sleep and naps?
You always want to nap but getting to sleep is so much harder than that.
11. Now, since I’m exhausted, I’m going to be a zombie in the morning
I’ll just sip my coffee and listen silently.
12. When coffee is truly your biggest motivator in life
Just take things one step at a time.
13. When people tell you to take Zzzquil and you’re like,”Um, being doing that for years…”
It’s the only stuff that will actually put me out.
14. When you send snapchats in the middle of night….
Because you’re still not asleep.
15. When this is how you feel every day of your life
Am I just wasting my life away?
16. Your very own version of 50 shades of Grey
How am I ever going to be able to cover this up.
17. Counting down your sleep time
The only problem is that you have to fall asleep right that instant…and that never happens.
18. All your alarms just keep it real
You’ve got to wake up somehow, right?
19. When Netflix is wondering why you’re still up…
Happens every night.
20. When people ask what you want
I really just want some rest. That’s all I want.
21. But, you’ve realized you’re not the only one
Other people have sleep issues too.