I’m sure we’ve all wondered at some point how tattoos will look like as people age. Today we’re going to answer that question through a series of photographs showing senior citizens who’ve stripped down to show us how their tattoos are holding up in their old age.
Some of the tattoos of these graphically decorated seniors fared better than the others but it’s pretty clear to see all of the tattoos still look awesome on old and wrinkly skin. Thanks to these badass senior citizens, we all know now that your body art will always look badass.
1. When you’re inked up like this, no one will ever pick a fight with you even if you’re old.
2. Full body piece.
3. At 77, Isobel Varley is the most tattooed senior in the world, and she claims she doesn’t regret a single one her elaborate inkings.
4. Tough grandpa.
5. When your grandpa has more balls than you.
6. Carrying your art with you can bring so much confidence.
7. Looks like chest tattoos will only look baller when you get old.
8. Exhibit B.
9. Forever Young.
10. Inked up grandpa looking suave as heck.
11. Her neck piece brings all the boys to the yard.
12. Just chillin’ like a villain.
13. Larry Happ, 68, competes for the ‘Senior Man Largest Tattoo’ at a Los Angeles convention.
14. Forever 18.
15. No sagging here.
16. Not your average grandpa.
17. For the first time in recorded history, women are slightly more likely to have tattoos than men – as Ms. Varley (pictured) proudly displays.
18. Old school cool.
19. Old gangster.
20. Pearl Harbor survivor Thomas Michenovich (pictured) displays his wartime tattoos; in honor of the comrades who lost their lives.
21. Robert Seibert, 62, from Kentucky, has been accumulating tattoos for over 40 years, and says each one represents ‘a certain phase’ of his life.
22. Maybe he’s a member of the Russian mafia.
23. So sexy.
24. So striking.
25. These guys look awesome.
26. Badass granny.
27. Welcome to my awesome world.
28. Wish I could be this cool when I get old.
29. Effortlessly awesome.
30. Your grandkids would never think you were a dork, if you’re inked up like this badass.