Halloween is a holiday that is much beloved by most Americans, but there are certain others who seriously hate this holiday. It’s all about scary, satanic, demonic, terrifying things and you don’t like getting scared. You also don’t like dressing up in costumes, because you’re too much of an adult for that. Here’s what people who hate Halloween go through every year.
1. Every female costume becomes disgustingly sexualized
You guys– Spongebob Squarepants is a TV show for kids. FOR KIDS. There is nothing sexy about this— really, it’s just pretty trashy.
2. You’ve outgrown trick or treating and don’t know what to do with your life
When you’re too old to walk around in a costume asking for candy, but you’re also too young to sit at home and do nothing.
3. People wear ridiculous things
Ok, so this costume is pretty funny and on point…but really…like does society really need to do this?
4. You search for others who also hate this holiday
It’s always good when you find another kindred spirit who hates dressing up and going to parties on Halloween.
5. You’re reminded of your sucky single life
Hello, who doesn’t love doing all the fun fall things? Pumpkin patches, haunted houses, corn mazes, sitting around a campfire in the cold. Well, it all really sucks for you, because you’re single.
6. Parents that try to ruin it for the rest of us
Um, we get that some kids have allergies and stuff, but carrot sticks? Really? Raisins? Please stop ruining the holiday for the rest of us.
7. Halloween can be one expensive night
All the parties, the drinking, the taxi cab back to your place from some unknown location that cost you an arm and a leg. Ugh.
8. And talk about the prices of costumes these day
Are you freaking kidding me? Who has that kind of money to spend on a stupid costume for one night?
9. But if you try making a costume, you look like this
10. Or this
Yes, this costume reeks of homemade and last-minute.
11. Please tell me this isn’t what I think it is
Some people really just take things way too far. And to this guy– if you ever want to get laid again, I would seriously take that off now.
12. When you can’t think of anything to dress up as
I’m so tired of every girl using Halloween as an excuse to dress like a slut and no one can say anything about it.
13. Exhibit A
The male Minion is totally fine…but why does the girl minion have to have a short skirt, a tight top and knee-high boots. Why does everything have to be so sexy?
14. When you hate dressing up
If you go without, people look at you like you’re missing something.
15. White people ruin everything
White people don’t even know what’s good.
16. Say it loud and clear
Seriously, stop asking us this question. We DON’T want to talk to you.
17. The look on this dog’s face says it all
Don’t put me in a freaking costume, you jerk.