People misuse the word literally all the time. Most of the time when you say it, you don’t literally mean it. Some people just have to do everything the literal way. Humans of the world– stop taking everything so literally! We don’t always mean it that way. Here are people who are taking things way too literally.
1. He’s literally touching with his eye
We hope this guy gets some sort of fungus or disease on his eye for being so ridiculous. The sign really means, “don’t touch.”
2. Literally copied the sentence
We’re pretty sure the teacher meant you to copy the following sentence…but whatever, good job.
3. He’s literally hugging the curb
The sign is meant for cars…cars need to hug the curb to get out.
4. He literally put a pickle atop her burger
Normally people want pickles on the inside…not the top.
5. She literally named the quadrilaterals
Yes, she really did. She named them Bob, Sam, Tedison (interesting name choice), Cate and Hary.
6. The cake decorator wrote the note literally
We’re pretty sure the cake was supposed to say “Best wishes Suzanne, we will miss you!” But the cake decorator had some other ideas in mind.
7. This girl literally held up a cardboard sign
It was so literal that the sign also said, “card board sign.” Wow. What imagination.
8. He literally did not put one toe outside
But he put the rest of himself outside. Lol this kid is so smart!
9. When Siri took you too literally
“No Siri, don’t call me an ambulance. Call me an ambulance…like 9-1-1. Ugh.
10. When you ask your son to put the shampoo in the bathroom
Well, he did do it. Just barely into the bathroom, but it’s better than leaving it on the stairs, right?
11. They literally gave you a half-cheese mushroom pizza
Usually that means you want half of the pizza to be cheese and the other half to have cheese AND mushrooms…but whatever. People just don’t even understand anymore.
12. This student who took her assignment literally
I mean, if you read it, it does say to ‘write or.’ So, technically she wasn’t doing anything too wrong.
13. This girl who is waiting over there for the light to change
I don’t think you had to get out of your car for that…
14. This person who stole the complimentary hand sanitizer
“It said complimentary, so I took it. Complimentary means free right?” Uh, no.
15. This person who literally drew a bridge
16. This literal license plate in North Dakota
You seriously couldn’t come up with anything better than that for a vanity plate?
17. “We’re above the trash”
Why, yes. Yes, you are indeed.
18. This person who literally vandalized a building
If you’re going to tag, can’t you at least make it more interesting to look at than that.
19. When Donna Summer was really literal
She’s like, sitting on a radio.
20. These sports fans who dressed as cows
Like, they look like literal cows.
21. When you literally share a Coke with someone
Hey Evan– this is a match made in heaven for a guy like you.
22. This house salad that is literally made of house
I don’t think many people would want to order that off the menu.