Remember that glorious time growing up during the 2000’s, wasn’t that great? We all felt victorious for making it into the new millennium and then the world was changing so quickly we could hardly keep up with it. Lizzie McGuire was our favorite television show and we listened to Britney and Christina on the regular. So, let’s have a flashback. Here’s photos that are way too real for anyone born in the early 90’s.
1. These were your rock gods
NSYNC and Backstreet Boys ruled the airwaves during those childhood years and you’ll never forgive your mother for not getting you tickets to their concert when they came to town.
2. You saved your homework on this
Those disks are all but worthless now.
3. You used to prank call people with these
What do you mean people don’t need phone books anymore? Those things were a gold mine (and the only way to figure out someone’s number) back in the day.
4. You were psyched to see one of these
Free internet time! Woohoo!! That meant time to chat on AOL with your friends…after waiting for the internet dial-up to finish beeping.
5. This was the cause of many tears
You mourned finding one of these things crushed in your driveway. All that music…wasted.
6. You still don’t know what the rolling ball was for
Do people even use mouses anymore?
7. You always tried to push down more than one color at once
This would stop the pen from working at all and you’d have to perform surgery on the whole thing to fix it.
8. This was the only way to save your high score
Would you believe that there are entire player profiles that can be saved now that show everything you’ve ever done in a game?
9. These made for the most boring days in class ever
10. Back when gas was cheap
It truly hurts your heart to see how much gas costs now. Especially because you have to pay for it yourself.
11. This was your treasure trove
You loved sorting through those plastic movie cases to find your favorite one and put it on.
12. This was a nightmare
Looks like you won’t be having any milk today. Or you’ll end up spilling it everywhere.
13. This was how you passed the time when you were bored
Not only was this the only game on your phone, it was the only thing you could do to curb boredom.
14. This was the worst thing that could ever happen during a test
How are you going to erase things now? You’re doomed!
15. This was how memories were made
All those cameras…this was the golden age of photography because phones (if they had cameras) took the worst grainy photos ever. Disposable cameras were the coolest.
16. This was a major burn
You are no longer in the top 4…ouch!
17. This was the result of talking on the phone for too long
This was back when phone had cords…and receivers.
18. It’s a travesty that these no longer exist
You used to spend hours perusing the aisles of Blockbuster searching for that perfect Friday night movie with your friends.
19. This was the only way to listen to music
Before iPods and MP3’s, a walkman was the cool and compact way to listen to music on the go.