If you’re single, then you are always prepared for an attack about why you aren’t seeing anyone and how people know the perfect guy for you…blah, blah, blah. Ugh. It’s exhausting, isn’t it? Life can get a little crazy when you’re single…not always in a good way. Here are 16 ridiculous things all single girls can relate to.
1. Spending your weekends watching Netflix
Does it make you feel pathetic when you’ve watched like 5 episodes of Friends and then the thing asks you if you’re still there and want to watch some more and you’re just like, “what am I doing with my life???”
2. Trying to be happy for your married friends…but not wanting to date them
Yeah…good for you guys. Doing the married thing. Having babies and stuff. Do we have anything to talk about anymore? I don’t want to go out with you two.
3. When you see all the cool stuff your rich single friends get to do
Ok, I am single too…soooo why am I not traveling all over the world, I ask myself.
4. Scrolling through Facebook just to see that, indeed, everyone is pregnant or engaged
Thanks for the epic self-esteem booster Facebook.
5. Your fridge looks like this:
You’re like, so happy for all of these people…but at the same time its like a little exasperating.
6. When people ask if you’re dating anyone and you want to punch them or roll your eyes hard
That’s just to keep yourself from crying about it a little bit.
7. When you achieve something awesome but your engaged/married/friends with kids are not impressed
Ok, so we have different objectives in life. THAT’S OK. It’s not like graduating from college was a big deal or anything.
8. Things you live for
Why won’t he just text me back already? What’s taking him so long? Who takes a shower for this long? Or maybe he doesn’t want to respond. WHAT WILL I DO IF HE DOESN’T RESPOND! WAHHHHHH!
9. Trying to stay healthy
Look, it can be hard to stay motivated when you don’t have anyone you’re trying to look good for.
10. Feeling like you’re missing out on the important things in life
It’s just so nice to feel someone else right next to you, snuggling you. It helps you relax and sleep deeply.
11. You feel like the odd one out sometimes
Hey, you can’t help that you’re a little bit bitter. Maybe if you had some cutie wanting to kiss you everyday things would be different. But they’re not.
12. You basically only go to engagement parties for the booze
You know there will be lots of it. Who cares about that sparkly tiny diamond on your friend’s hand. Whatever. Not important.
13. True life joy
I’d rather have food than friends who just want to gush about how stressful wedding planning is. Truly.
14. How you get by
I may or may not have a stuffed animal that goes with me everywhere to help me cope with the awful throes of loneliness in my life. And I’m also getting a comfort dog.
15. When you tell your friends that you’re really happy for them
Yeah, it’s total crap. But don’t mind me, I don’t want to be the buzzkill for everyone else.
16. Even your ice cream sends you subliminal messages
Well, this is just wonderful. Looks like I can’t even trust Ben and Jerry.