Have you ever wondered what it would look like if great icons of yesteryears were posing for popular brands with today’s advertising treatment? DesignCrowd, a crowdsourcing marketplace for freelance designers, held a contest for its users around the globe where the challenge is to photoshop celebrities who have run down the curtain into today’s advertising world.
If you’ve ever wanted to see how Bob Marley would have rocked a pair of Nikes or how Marilyn Monroe would have used her star power endorsing Louis Vuitton hand bags, then today is your lucky day. Here are 30 stars from the past posing for modern brands. Enjoy!
1. Audrey Does McDonald’s
2. Because Johny Cash Is Worth It
3. Bob Marley for McDonald’s
4. Bob Marley For Nike
5. Breakfast at McDonald’s
6. Elvis Presley And Audrey Hepburn For Calvin Klein
7. Elvis for Beats by Dr. Dre
8. Elvis for Levi’s
9. Freddie Mercury for Mars
10. Got Milk, Andy?
11. H&M ad sees Elvis and Marilyn
12. James Dean For Calvin Klein
13. James Dean For Hoverboard
14. Jimi Hendrix For Calvin Klein
15. Jimi Hendrix for McDonald’s
16. John Lennon Should Have Gone To Specsavers
17. James Dean for Mercedes Benz
18. Judy Garland for Google Glass
19. Marilyn (center), Jimi (right), and James Dean (center) are pictures in this Mercedes Ad
20. Marilyn For Beats
21. Marilyn for CK
22. Marilyn Goes High Fashion
23. Marilyn was also imagined wearing a brown knit dress and sipping coffee in this Nespresso ad.
24. Marilyn’s hourglass figure, featuring her in an ad for Coca-Cola.
25. Michael Jackson For Apple
26. Michael Jackson for Nike
27. Michael Jackson’s song Black or White was the source of inspiration for this Apple iPhone ad.
28. MJ for KFC
29. Notoriously Nike
30. Patrick Swayze for Nespresso