If you grew up during the millennium, then you had to get over a whole bunch of things, like growing up in a decade when everyone thought the world might end and computers would crash when we entered the year 2000. Luckily, everything was fine. But, here are some other struggles all 00’s girls had to go through.
1. Trying not to sob dramatically whenever The Notebook was on.
*Trying to hold in tears.* “It wasn’t over– it still isn’t over!” Ok, commence sobbing now.
2. Pretending you could sing like Mandy Moore in A Walk to Remember
If only guys would look at you like he looked at her during this song.
3. The nightmares you had because of the girl from The Ring
Ugh, I know she’s all grown up now and all but she still wigs me out.
4. When Bath and Body Works discontinued your signature scent
What am I going to do now?!?
5. Reading Harry Potter books ALL DAY LONG
Look, you’ll never understand my generation’s obsession with Harry Potter unless you lived through it.
6. When you realized there were no guys at your school who looked like Aaron Samuels.
*What is my life coming to??*
7. And you really wanted your hair to look like Gretchen’s but it didn’t
Those curls must be natural.
8. You also wanted your crimped hair to look like this:
It didn’t look like that either.
9. When you had to get your braces tightened and you felt like your mouth might break
Beauty is pain, right?
10. When everyone had a pink Razr…oh, except for you
Stupid parents will only let you have a Nokia brick.
11. When your favorite CD got scratched and skipped songs
It was the most heartbreaking moment of all time.
12. When someone had the screen name that you wanted
Gosh dang it…now I have to think of something else cute and creative.
13. The difficulty in choosing a song for you Myspace page that really showed off your personality
Should I have a Dashboard Confessional song or my favorite Whitney Houston song?
14. When your favorite person got voted off of American Idol
You know, back when it was the hottest show on TV, next to Survivor.
15. And finally, when your mood ring stopped changing colors and made you wonder why
*WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY LIFE? AM I EMOTIONLESS?