Some people find their best friend in high school or elementary school or even college. And then, there are some friends who seem born for each other. They’ve known each other longer than they can remember and know more about their best friend than they know about themselves. They fiercely loyal– don’t you get in their way, because nothing will ever come between these two friends. Here are 18 things that happen when you have a best friend since birth.
1. You can never get rid of them
They know way too much about you, all your weird things, your quirks, and your bad habits and if you piss them off, they could share those things with the world. Yikes. Except they won’t because they really love you.
2. They tell the awful truth
You can always trust your best friend to tell you the truth, even when it hurts. They know you’d rather know.
3. Your moms made you be friends
Usually because your moms were friends already or were pregnant together and now you’re destined to be friends for life.
4. You do fight sometimes
You’re so close that you know how to drive each other up a wall– and sometimes you do it. But everything ends with a hug and a kiss and an apology and you’re good.
5. You know your offspring will be besties too
I mean, because it will be just like you. Sometimes you even wonder about your future kids marrying each other so you could both be in-laws.
6. Your bound to be each other’s bridesmaids
Preferably you’ll each be a maid of honor for the other one and help her plan her wedding when she thinks she’s gone insane.
7. Who else would watch your kids if something tragically happened to you?
Now you have a back-up plan in place and could sleep soundly.
8. You beg each other for gossip
There are no secrets between you and you share any and all gossip and analyze and judge the crap out of everybody else. It’s a blast.
9. You play dumb games together
It’s silly and pointless…but it’s also fun– and that’s what counts.
10. You have inside jokes that you don’t even remember anymore
It stood for something at some time when you used to laugh your heads off about it…but not anymore!
11. You wrote embarrassing things on the internet to each other
You wrote these things in public and never ever erased them…so people could always look back and see this.
12. You spend all night talking on the phone
So what if you spent the day at school together, now you need to keep talking on the phone. It’s what friendship is all about!
13. Both your parents have drawers full of embarrassing pictures of both of you
It’s like total blackmail ammo for when you do something mean.
14. You used to wish you were sisters
But now you’re actually glad that you’re not, because as much as you love her, sometimes you need a break.
15. You used to tease and pick on each other’s siblings
It was almost like having double brothers and sisters. You could be as mean and ruthless with her siblings as she was to yours.
16. You saw each other through bad fashion
May those spike belts rest in peace.
17. You even wore matching outfits
It was so fun to act like it was purely coincidental…when really you planned it all out the night before.
18. What are BFF’s for, if not to grow up together?
Having a best friend since birth is just about the greatest thing that ever happened to you. Ah! Yay! Best friends forever!