If you want your fairy tales to be the fun, family friendly Disney-type of thing then this post is not for you. Rachael Wise, a Massachusetts-based artist and illustrator, has given your favorite fairy tales some dark and morbid twists. In this post you will not find your favorite Disney princesses living happily ever after with their knights in shining armor. Instead, you will find strong-willed heroines and a more realistic and dark portrayal of their tales.
In her self-proclaimed “f#*ked up” series, Wise shows us some Disney characters behaving badly, like a drugged-up Alice in Wonderland and Ariel ditching her mermaid tail for a pair of bionic legs. Fun, right? Check out more of her dark fairy tales below:
1. A wolf in sheep’s clothing.
2. All the king’s horses and all the king’s men.
3. Beauty and the Beast.
4. Being a malnourished shut in lead to a very lean figure and sickly pale skin, perfect for a model.
6. Don’t mess with the Queen.
7. First born babies are passe anyhow.
8. Follow the leader.
10. Hanzel and Gretel.
11. Helen of Troy.
12. His excuse that tailors had tricked him really didn’t fly.
13. I’m back.
14. Little Red Riding Hood is all grown up.
15. Looking mighty fine.
16. Cinderella took matters in her own hands.
17. One will make you smaller.
18. Peter Pan won’t grow up, no he won’t grow up.
19. Politics as usual.
20. The Little Mermaid walks.
21. Robbing people was so much easier than before.
22. Scrub, scrub, scrub.
23. The big bad wolf.
24. The princess and the frog.