Did you suffer through the pain of wearing braces on your teeth? Did you wade through miserable years of not smiling in photos, hiding your mouth behind your hands whenever you could, and being just really unhappy with your mouth? Did you also experience the elation that comes with getting them off? Only true braces wearers will appreciate this post– if you’ve ever had braces, you’ll totally relate to these funny tweets.
1. You can’t even remember how long it’s been
Sometimes it can feel like you’ve had braces for an eternity…and then you realize that it’s only been a few months.
2. You that you have to modify the way you eat things
There’s no biting into a delicious piece of corn on the cob for you. Have fun cutting off all the kernels while everyone else is munching away happily.
3. You try to get that perfect toothless smile down
You’ve decided that braces in photos looks horrendous and you’re shocked and appalled each time you see a photo of yourself with those bracea showing. So, you’re determined to smile without anyone knowing you’re wearing them.
4. It’s a sad day when you can’t eat all this delicious junk food
If you crack or break one of your braces, your parents will kill you. So, say goodbye to chips and soft cookies. You’re not supposed to get cavities in your teeth while wearing braces either.
5. When you suddenly have a craving
Popcorn pieces can easily get stuck in braces and hurt your teeth. But, what’s a person to do when you just want some delicious popcorn in your life??
6. Trying to cover up your mouth
Nothing makes you feel more self-conscious than those tiny metal bars on your teeth– so you do what you can to completely cover them up.
7. Constantly getting things stuck in your teeth
It’s just way too easy for small foods to get stuck in your teeth crevices now with those dang braces. And if you want to eat some peanut butter, you better just forget about it.
8. When you wish you could bite into an apple
9. When you finally get your braces and feel like the most beautiful person on the planet
Those teeth feel so smooth and glossy and shiny and straight and you just can’t help but show them off.
10. When you’re using this stuff to get through the pain
It’s the only thing that will stop your teeth from aching, especially after your braces get tightened.
11. That moment when your orthodontist brings out a retainer for you
Um, what is this? I just suffered for years– let me go free, please!
12. Those rubber bands are like tiny murderous weapons
You never knew something so small could create so much pain.
13. When you find new ways to eat your favorite foods
Hey, if you need to eat your apple with a spoon, you do that– no judgment here!
14. The tightening that hurts the most
Ouch is all we can say to that.
15. The lip imprint
This is what happens to people who get braces.
16. When you’ve got rubber bands for days
The darn things are all over the place.
17. When your orthodontist is crazy AF
18. Braces are not cute
You might think they’re cute, but the moment they’re on your teeth, you won’t think so anymore.